HTML Help Forum

Please help with simple email form

Discuss any HTML troubles including forms, tables, and frames.

Please help with simple email form

Postby Arlena » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 am

Can anyone please help me to create the html code for a very simple email form?
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

I have removed the original link as I have already received help with this. thank you.
Last edited by Arlena on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arlena

Postby PayneLess Designs » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

The signup link is a popup call. The popup window has a standard PHP sendmail form. The look is just set with usual HTML and CSS. Their example:

Code: Select all
<form id=home-right-nav1_3form name="emailfrm" onSubmit="makepopUp();" action="url to PHP processing file" method="get" target="popUp">

Your current hosting package or service MUST allow SMTP ( Log in or Register to see link ) to work. Otherwise, no email can be sent.

PHP: Sending Email Tutorial (Text/HTML/Attachments): Log in or Register to see link

Use any of the below sites to make the workable form you need:

These are really good online form makers. Just follow the instructions for making it and uploading file(s).

Contact Form Generator: Log in or Register to see link
WYSIWYG Form Maker: Log in or Register to see link
Ajax - Creating an HTML Form: Log in or Register to see link

Form Service: Log in or Register to see link
Online Free Tool, PHP Contact Form Code Generator: Log in or Register to see link
PHP Mailer Script Step by Step: Log in or Register to see link
PHP Sending E-mails: Log in or Register to see link

Freebie: Good looking Fluid Contact Form: Log in or Register to see link

Put an online contact form on your site in about 8 minutes (Requires an account): Log in or Register to see link

Form2Email.net (free - Designed to keep away spam. Your e-mail address is hidden in the script. Can be used to send almost any form, and if required, keeps a log of all e-mails. Supports required fields, SMTP, multiple e-mails, auto responder and file upload.): Log in or Register to see link
PayneLess Designs
Site Admin

Thank you!

Postby Arlena » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:05 am

Thank you so very much for taking the time out to help me. I will definitely look into the links that you gave me as well as saving them for future use. I really appreciate your assistance. Have a great week!
Arlena :)
Arlena

Postby PayneLess Designs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 am

You're very welcome, Arlena. Remember the part about the SMTP requirement.

There is a simpler form, but it depends on User sending the email back to you using their email program. If you can not use SMTP, then you may have to use the client-side form or find an email widget to use.
PayneLess Designs
Site Admin

Postby shahira_du » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm

You have probably already read about the mail function, and now want to build a more complex form to use on your site. Let's start with the HTML for the web form.

Code: Select all
<html><body><font face=Arial size=2>
 <form method="post" action="contact.php">
 <table bgcolor=#ffffcc align=center>
 <tr><td colspan=2><strong>Contact us using this form:</strong></td></tr>
 <tr><td>Department:</td><td><select name="sendto"> <option value="info@mycompany.com">General</option> <option value="support@mycompany.com">Support</option> <option value="sales@mycompany.com">Sales</option> </select></td></tr>
 <tr><td><font color=red>*</font> Name:</td><td><input size=25 name="Name"></td></tr>
 <tr><td><font color=red>*</font> Email:</td><td><input size=25 name="Email"></td></tr>
 <tr><td>Company:</td><td><input size=25 name="Company"></td></tr>
 <tr><td>Phone:</td><td><input size=25 name="Phone"></td></tr>
 <tr><td>Subscribe to<br> mailing list:</td><td><input type="radio" name="list" value="No"> No Thanks<br> <input type="radio" name="list" value="Yes" checked> Yes, keep me informed<br></td></tr>
 <tr><td colspan=2>Message:</td></tr>
 <tr><td colspan=2 align=center><textarea name="Message" rows=5 cols=35></textarea></td></tr>
 <tr><td colspan=2 align=center><input type=submit name="send" value="Submit"></td></tr>
 <tr><td colspan=2 align=center><small>A <font color=red>*</font> indicates a field is required</small></td></tr>
 </table>
 </form>
 </body>
 </html>
shahira_du

Postby PayneLess Designs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 pm

@shahira_du: That contact code is outdated and useless without the contact.php file code.
PayneLess Designs
Site Admin

Return to General HTML