HTML Help Forum

iframe with a shopping cart

Discuss any HTML troubles including forms, tables, and frames.

iframe with a shopping cart

Postby DJTech » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:48 pm

Hello, and thanks in advance to anyone who helps out on this! Anyway, I have a paypal shopping cart set up and I'm using an Iframe in the center of my layout to load every page. The problem is when I click the submit or add to cart button it has a blank target and I need it to load into the Iframe. I tried adding:

Code: Select all
target="iframe"

That didnt work, here is the exact code for that part:

<input name="submit" type="image" src="http://paypal.com/images/view_cart_02.gif" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free, and secure!" target="iframe"/>

Thanks again!

-DJ
DJTech

Postby degsy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:22 pm

Is your iframe named "iframe" ?
degsy

Postby DJTech » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:35 pm

yep...

Thanks
DJTech

Postby degsy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:43 pm

Have you tried adding the target to the Form and not the submit?
degsy

Postby DJTech » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:10 pm

not yet, let me try that now...

Thanks so much!
DJTech

Postby DJTech » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:42 pm

Man, that worked like a charm! Your the man...

Thanks again.

- DJ
DJTech

Postby DJTech » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Well, the help before was great! I ran into another seemingly small problem though. Before I added the new target to my form, when a potential customer would click the "Add to Cart" button, they were taken to a page with a shopping cart that allowed them to edit the contents, make a secure checkout, or continue shopping. When the page loads within the iframe, its the same only there is no option to continue shopping. That wouldn't be so bad, but after I load that page through the iframe none of my other links will load there anymore. So, if I click another link thats targeting the iframe, it loads a new page. One thing I did notice is that the pages favicon changed to paypal's favicon... so would that mean its connecting to paypal some other way? here is the code of one of my products:

<form method="post" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" target="iframe" name="xclick">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Complete Set of Betrayers of K" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="165.00" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="business" value="DennisKeesee@hotmail.com" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1" />
                      <input name="submit" type="image" src="http://paypal.com/images/x-click-but22.gif" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free, and secure!" />
                      <div></div>
                  </form>
DJTech

Postby degsy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:40 pm

It could be to do with security as it is connecting to a secure site.

I don;t work with Iframes much so I couldn't tell you.
Also if I had a link to an external site for payment then I would use a new window.
degsy

Postby DJTech » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:49 pm

Yeah, thats a good idea. I would like to do that, but the way the site is set up loading a new page wouldn't look very nice... My site is up on a temp server, check it out and tell me what you suggest I do with it. Thanks.

DJTech

Postby DJTech » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Actually the only page with any products on it is under the "Betrayers of Kamigawa" link. Thanks again to all who help.

By the way. would there be a better way to configure the site?

Again, thanks.
DJTech

Using IFrames with PayPal

Postby tobiaspj » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:02 pm

I had a fully operational PayPal shopping cart/basket system on my website, with the cart/basket opening within an IFrame. PayPal have now changed their security procedures and now "block" the use of IFrames.

If a user "checks out" they are faced with an error saying that the user (the owner of the PayPal cart) isn't authorised to use the PayPal system. So I'm sorry buddy but it looks like it may be some time before somebody comes up with a solution. I'm still working on it and if I solve the problem I'll let you all know.

Bye for now,
Tobias
tobiaspj

Return to General HTML