Attribute for <BODY ...>onLoad = "script command(s)"
onLoad = "script command(s)"
|use it, but don't rely on it|
People come to this page looking for a variety of techniques. Some of these techniques properly use
- Redirecting the Page
- If you want the page to automatically forward somewhere else, use
. See META for Automatic Refreshing and Forwarding.
- Popup Window
cannot be used to control the size or features of the browser window, such as whether or not the window has a status bar or menus. You can control these features when opening new windows. See the Popup Window Tutorial for
ready-to-usescripts and examples.
- Running Two Commands When The Document is Loaded
- See Running Two (or more) Commands With onLoad
- Making the Cursor Appear in a Form Field
- See Automatically Putting the Cursor in a Field
The browser triggers
|this code||produces this|
<BODY onLoad="alert('hello world!')">